How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Connection failed Internal SQL Monitor error "namespace root/mscluster is invalid"

I am trying to setup a new server on our Monitoring tool. I already have tried all steps on (
https://forum.red-gate.com/discussion/89947/error-detect-sql-servers-initialization-failure ) and I am still having the same issue, for some reason it keeps running "GetInstances: root\MSCluster" even if the result of GetInstances: Root SELECT Name FROM __NameSpace WHERE Name = 'MSCluster' does not give any results

Any Ideas please?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Ed_NascEd_Nasc Posts: 3 New member
    Hi,

Problem solved:
    There was a permission error on the server when it was trying to run WMI, all I had to was give permissions on Component Services to enable my service account to remote activate WMI on the server (even if the account is adm)

Thank you @Alex B for the suggestion

Answers

• Options
    Hi @Ed_Nasc,

Two things to check -

Did you previously see the root\MSCluster namespace and remove it?  If so, you would need to remove the entity, ticking the box to delete the data, and then re-add it to SQL Monitor so it discovers it as a standalone machine rather than a cluster.

Also, if you uncheck the option "Auto detect cluster name" when adding the entity, this will cause SQL Monitor to treat it as a cluster as this option should only be used when adding a Windows Server Failover Cluster (WSFC) in Azure as the CNO isn't accessible outside the cluster in Azure.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    Ed_NascEd_Nasc Posts: 3 New member
    Hi @Alex B, thanks for your reply

Alex B said:
    Hi @Ed_Nasc,

Two things to check -

Did you previously see the root\MSCluster namespace and remove it?  If so, you would need to remove the entity, ticking the box to delete the data, and then re-add it to SQL Monitor so it discovers it as a standalone machine rather than a cluster.

Also, if you uncheck the option "Auto detect cluster name" when adding the entity, this will cause SQL Monitor to treat it as a cluster as this option should only be used when adding a Windows Server Failover Cluster (WSFC) in Azure as the CNO isn't accessible outside the cluster in Azure.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    1. No this server is not a Cluster and that namespace was never lister, rebuild WMI have not changed anything to that

2. I have tried to check and uncheck that option a few times while I was troubleshooting this and it always fails with the same error on Logs