Options

SQL prompt not working

My SQL Prompt is not working after connecting it to a different database engine. It stopped working after latest update.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi there,

What versions of SSMS and SQL Prompt are you using? Are there any error messages?
  • Options
    khizerhkhizerh Posts: 3 New member
    I'm using SSMS 19.3.4.0 and SQL Prompt Version 10.14.6.5992.
    There are no errors. It's not showing the preview of the table when I hover over it and does not autocomplete the tables/columns names while typing. All these features which are really helpful but they are not working anymore.
  • Options
    KimCSOKIKimCSOKI Posts: 3 New member
    Is there an update on this?  I have done a new install and cannot get the prompt to show any database/table data.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice and it is still not working.  I also tried to repair sql prompt and I get an error "Fatal Error During Installation".    SSMS 19.3.4.0  and SQL Prompt Version 10.14.7.6275
  • Options
    Hi all,

Thank you for your patience on this matter. It looks like the developers have identified a possible bug that's related to incompatibility caused by an update to the MDS version.

A workaround right now is to downgrade to SQL Prompt 10.14.4. I will keep you updated on their findings.
  • Options
    khizerhkhizerh Posts: 3 New member
    Sounds good. I'll be skipping the updates until this issue is fixed.

Thank you Chris
  • Options
    johandeconingjohandeconing Posts: 1 New member
    edited March 25, 2024 5:17AM
    I'm experiencing the same - I've downgraded to Version:  10.14.4.4865 and is working for now.