How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

An internal server error has occurred -- Login error for non-admins introduced with 13.0.47

Red Gate Support,

Any AD user that is not a member of the Administrator role can't login with on 13.0.47

They get the following error:

This happened after installing 13.0.47.  It was not an issue with 13.0.46.  Please address this bug quickly.

Answers

• Options
    ThomasBEThomasBE Posts: 14 Bronze 2
    Hi @DonFerguson

We're on 13.0.48 and I just checked with some of our non-admin users and nobody is having issues to log in.
  • Options
    DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 196 Silver 5
    This problem did indeed seem to resolve with 13.0.48 and above.  While I am not sure what was done to fix it, part of the issue identified is that with non-admin users it has to take the extra time to validate all of the groups defined in the the user configuration that it doesn't need to do for admin users.  So likely somehow had to do with the extra time required and maybe something timing out.
  • Options
    I still receive these kinds of errors when im trying to open alerts and i'm on version 13.0.51.53 in our development environment.
  • Options
    ThomasBEThomasBE Posts: 14 Bronze 2
    I still receive these kinds of errors when im trying to open alerts and i'm on version 13.0.51.53 in our development environment.
    I'm guessing your issue is another one than the one Don was facing. He had issues when people were logging in. 
    When viewing an alert you're already logged in? Or are you opening links from emails? 

Perhaps provide some more details and perhaps open another topic if the issue you're facing is not exactly the same.
  • Options
    Yes that is happening when im already logged in. 
    I will create a new topic.