Options

My pet hate

I use SQLPrompt a lot and I love it. One thing which drives me to distraction is the tooltips not showing. Arg!  I hover and I get a little grey box. I do not get a yellow tooltip with a link I could click to get the table or sproc definition. I used to be that doing Refresh Suggestions would sometimes make it work - but that is less likely to work now.  I have a query now that has tables that show the hint and others that do not. It is all perfectly valid SQL and one even has the Alt+Enter actions buld. Really frustrating!
Tagged:

Answers

• Options

Hi @Silverfrost

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forums, sorry to hear that your tooltips aren't showing up.

That does sound particular, especially how you are stating it is working for some tables and not others.

Are you able to confirm your version of SQL Prompt & SSMS you are running so we can verify compatibility. If you are not on the current version, we'd ask if you can patch and confirm this is still occurring.

The patch to the current version (V10.14.4) is available per this link:

https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLPrompt/SQLPrompt_10.14.4.4865.exe

Also, it's possibly a bit silly, but can you confirm that you have Enable Suggestions on

When I turn it off - I get the grey tooltip, but not extra tooltips to load the object definition.

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • Options
    I am using version 10.14.4.4865. I am now using SSMS 19.2.56.2, I was using version 18 when I wrote the post. Enable Suggestions is definitely on. Next time it happens I will take a screenshot.
  • Options
    SilverfrostSilverfrost Posts: 3 New member
    It definitely still does it...  

Here it will show the table but not the stored procedure. The sproc does exist and if I right-click and choose 'Script Object as ALTER' it will open it in a query window.

• Options
    Thank you for the screenshots, I've escalated this to our developers to be investigated further. 
    Will update this post with any findings from their investigation
    Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software