How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Ability to Kill a Process

I'm inquiring about the ability to kill an active process within SQL Monitor. From what I've found it doesn't appear to be possible. Is this a potential future feature that could be added?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Not sure if this would work, but recent release adds the ability to call a powershell script when an alert is raised, see Version 13.0.31 Oct 4, 2003 release notes:
    SQL Monitor 13.0 Release Notes - SQL Monitor 13 - Product Documentation (red-gate.com)

I have this on my radar to investigate further, hopefully in early 2024.   So I have no experience with it.  
  • Options
    The solution above would theoretically work, depending on what you are wanting to do exactly. Can you provide more details as to a use case?

If you'd like to put this in as a feature request, check out our User Voice forum for SQL Monitor. There you can also check out other suggested features and vote for ones you would like to see implimented. 
  • Options
    The solution above would theoretically work, depending on what you are wanting to do exactly. Can you provide more details as to a use case?

If you'd like to put this in as a feature request, check out our User Voice forum for SQL Monitor. There you can also check out other suggested features and vote for ones you would like to see implemented. 
  • Options
    zwickzwick Posts: 2 New member
    We have a different product we use that gives us the ability to right click on a process and select to kill session right then and there. Is a timesaver in those instances where blocking is occuring or a long running process going on. We're looking at making the switch to sql monitor and that seems to be the one difference for us in terms of capabilities. Appreciate the response.