Options

SQL ChangeAutomation Jenkins plugin WriteErrorException

I am suddenly getting this error when building my database
18:02:22 At C:\Users\me\.jenkins\workspace\SQL_BUILD\PowerShell\SqlCi.ps1:193 char:41
18:02:22 + ... ptsFolder | Invoke-DatabaseBuild @temporaryConnection @queryBatchTime ...
18:02:22 +                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
18:02:22     + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (database 'TestB...r 'AWS-JENKINS':DatabaseConnection) [Invoke-DatabaseBui 
18:02:22    ld], TerminatingException
18:02:22     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : SqlScriptExecutionError,RedGate.Versioning.Automation.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeDatabase 
18:02:22    BuildCommand
18:02:22 C:\Users\me\.jenkins\workspace\SQL_BUILD\PowerShell\SqlChangeAutomationRunner.ps1 : Error running SQL Change 
18:02:22 Automation action: see build log for error details
18:02:22     + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
18:02:22     + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,SqlChangeAutomationRunner.ps1
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @BenYunger

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forums, and sorry to hear about your error with SQL Change Automation.

Unfortunately, the error provided doesn't immediately provide a direct insight into what is going wrong in the pipeline

Are you able to check the build log for further error messages or details.

I note that the failure is occurring when running SqlCi.ps1 at character 41.
    Are you able to share this script or confirm the commands that may have been running around this point?

I have generated the following secure file upload link to provide logs, scripts or other information that may be helpful in identifying the root cause of this error. The link will be valid for 14 days
    https://files.red-gate.com/requests/FNcOMuAhsP6Gn787a73oqQ
    Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software