Options

Prompt Settings Reset

alicealice Posts: 3 New member
once again all my personal settings for SQL Prompt (ver. 10.14.0.4064) in SSMS (15.0.18410.0) has been deleted. What's more, I cannot set them again and save due to "An item with the same key has already been added" error. Please let me know how to fix it.

another thing is that I have a problem with formatting one of my store procedures due to 
Unable to cast object of type 'RedGate.SqlPrompt.Metadata.Candidates.Parameters.ScalarParameterCandidateWithDefault' to type 'RedGate.SqlPrompt.Parser.Parser_Candidates.ScalarVariableCandidate' error .

Is there a way to get more details about that error like which part of my code is problematic?

Answers

• Options
    Hi there @alice

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this. I'm sorry you're seeing this issue with SQL Prompt!

Regarding the error, interestingly I am also seeing this error on my testing machine in the last couple of days. To ensure we are seeing the same issue, could you please ensure verbose logging is enabled (SQL Prompt menu > Help > Enable Verbose Logging), recreate the issue and provide the resulting log file? If you are able to provide a screenshot of the error, that would be good also.

Regarding more details on the error you are seeing, this can sometimes be related to permissions stopping SQL Prompt from being able to access certain metadata within the database, but it may also not be because of this.  Like above, would it be possible for you to provide a verbose log file for when this error occurs also? 
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    snaphooks3snaphooks3 Posts: 1 New member
    I'm having this issue as well.