Options

How do you distribute/refresh SQL Prompt code-snippets?

I have logged in to the Redgate Platform on two computers. Defining and sharing SQL Style works between the two environments. The style is listed under "Shared Styles", and the small Reload button is visible.

When sharing a code-snippet at one of the computers the snippet is listed as Shared. The problem now is that I haven't figured out how to see/use snippets at the _other_ computer. I have tried exit/open SSMS, but no sign of the shared snippets. I have also tried log out/in to the Redgate Platform, bu not shared snippets visible.

I would like to share snippets with colleagues of course, but also to share snippets between the different environments I work in (Customer, Azure, ...) with my Redgate login.

Any suggestions?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Thank you for your post. 

When you update a shared style or create new style are then electing to share the style via the platform? 

When you share a formatting style, you will be asked which team in you organization you want to share the formatting style with: 

Once a formatting style has been shared, it will take a few minutes for it to be synchronized to the Redgate Platform and be available for other team members.
  • Options
    I already got the style sync to work, and it is great when you work from multiple environments.

My problem was that I would like synch the snippets as well, but I only see shared snippets when you share them, but haven't figured out how to see "incoming" shared snippet for the team.
  • Options

To share a snippets, highlight the snippets you wish to share, and press the share button above the snippets list.

Or, right click and select Share in the context menu for a given snippet.

When you share a snippet, you will be asked which team in your organization you want to share the snippet with: 

Once a snippet has been shared, it will take a few minutes for it to be synchronized to the Redgate Platform and be available for other team members.