Options

Whitespace after comment with latest update

I just updated to version 10.13.16.3650.  I don't remember the version I was on before but it was less than 6 months old.  When I reformat now, I am getting a single whitespace row after comments.  I did not get this before.  I found the setting where I can set how many empty rows between statements, which appears to control this.  Is there anyway to have 0 after comments and 1 after statements?

This is what I had before, and what I want.
    /* Create items that do not exist */
    DECLARE @Item ItemType

I am getting this.
    /* Create items that do not exist */

DECLARE @Item ItemType

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    JonPJonP Posts: 4 Bronze 2
    edited November 8, 2023 11:55AM
    I'm getting the same. Did you find a solution?
  • Options

Hi @clayne100

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forums regarding your formatting question.

I am testing this in v13.14.0 and not finding the same spacing - are you able to patch up to a current version and confirm if this behaviour is still occurring.

Download link for latest version available here:

https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLPrompt/SQLPrompt_10.14.0.4064.exe

If the spacing behaviour is still occurring after patching - can you provide a copy of your format style, so I can investigate further.

The file will be in the folder nominated here:

You can use the following secure link to provide your file - this link will be valid for 14 days

https://files.red-gate.com/requests/RQUt35NJTSxvQrvINnDdYv

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • Options
    JonPJonP Posts: 4 Bronze 2
    edited November 21, 2023 9:05AM
    What I would like:

What I get when using the following settings:

It is now inserting a line between the comment and the query. If there is no space between the comment and the query, I would expect the comment to be treated as part of the query.

I'm not sure about the final comment being aligned with the comment about the where clause either. It doesn't do that for the first query.

This is a change of behaviour from previous versions.

I'm using version 10.14.0.4064.