How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Custom Metric without database selection

I have a custom metric that runs on the master database only against all servers. When I use the Analysis module it keeps defaulting to the top database rather then master. I wouldn't mind it if it selected {All} first but going to the first database in the list is not very good. Is there a way to fix this? on 13.0.32.24608

Answers

• Options

Hi @Hyperlance

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forums regarding your SQL Monitor custom metric behavior.

I can see what you are referring to - when looking at the Analysis tab and selecting a metric that can has a selection of (All) databases it defaults to the first database in the list.

I've looked through documentation and this does appear to be standard behaviour, as the (All) selection isn't always listed. 

To check into this further, I will forward your request to the development team to see if there is a workaround or possible change that could be made to have this default changed.

Will come back to this forum post with an update from the development team once they have replied.

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • Options

Our development team have had a review of this and do feel this would be handled as a feature request

I had a look on our UserVoice feature request site and found a very similar request from a few years ago. 
    If possible, can you vote on this issue and provide your own current use case. This will help get some traction on the request and possibly implement into SQL Monitor.

https://sqlmonitor.uservoice.com/forums/91743-suggestions/suggestions/4180936-when-a-custom-metrics-targets-specific-databases-t

I will monitor this forum post & UserVoice site and endeavour to escalate the request with our developers for implementation.

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software