Options

Table Map get Unmapped

After mapping tables and save the project, whenever I move between the tabs (tables&views, owner mapping, options), the tables get unmapped. What can I do to prevent this happening everything I move between tabs?
Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @Kums

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this.

Please can you confirm what version of SQL Data Compare you are seeing this issue in? Also, has this issue only started occurring after installing an update to the product?

Finally, if you're able to provide any screenshots showing this happening, that would be greatly appreciated. 
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    KumsKums Posts: 4 New member
    edited September 19, 2023 12:35PM
    Hi @Dan_J

Thank you for your response. It is a trial version (v 15.0.9.23488). This is my first time using it, hence, encountering it the first time. 

I am sorry I can't do a screenshot.

*Update*

It has gotten worse today. I think there's been an update to the system. Currently, once I map fields to each other and click on "close", some tables get unmapped. It is making work counter-productive.
  • Options
    Hi @Kums

Thanks for your update on this, I'm very sorry to hear this has gotten worse for you!

We will of course do all we can to get to the bottom of this, however the difficulty here is that we've not had any other reports of this issue, and I'm not able to reproduce the issue here either. 

One thing I haven't yet asked is where you are saving the project file to (local folder, network folder, One Drive, etc)?

Kind regards

• Options
    KumsKums Posts: 4 New member
    Hi @Dan_J

Thanks for following up. I spoke to another of your colleague yesterday. We did a clean install and I created a new project today and the problem has now been solved.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi @Kums

Thanks for your update on this. I'm very glad to hear that this has now been solved for you!

Please don't hesitate in coming back to us should this issue resurface. 
    Kind regards