Options

How to install the Flyway_Desktop.exe via Intune

Hi,

We need to deploy Flyway_Desktop.exe via Intune, however, we need to convert the .exe to .MSI.  I have followed the provided article for silent install of Flyway_Desktop.exe but I am unable to convert the file to SMI using the provided steps. 

Has anyone used Intune to deploy Flyway_Desktop.exe across multiple computers without user interaction? 

Answers

• Options
    Hello JB_15,

Is this the advice you followed please?

I pulled down Flyway_Desktop.exe, ran through those steps which generated the .MSI & .MST files.
    I'm only passing familiar with Intune, I believe this should be sufficient for distributed deployment?
    Kind regards
    Peter Laws | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    JB_15JB_15 Posts: 2 New member
    Hi Peter,

As stated before, I have followed the steps provided in the article but still no success.

I there an alternative way for this? 
  • Options

Hi @JB_15

Are you able to share any more details on how you were attempting this and where it might've failed.

I replicated the steps and was able to extract the MSI/MST files as Peter mentioned.

1 - Download Flyway_Desktop (link) and place in a folder

2 - Run a CMD prompt, navigate to the folder and run Flyway_Desktop.exe extract <folder to extract to>

3 - The Flyway Desktop extractor wizard opens. Navigate through the wizard.

4 - Check the installation folder matches your output, or change it to suit. Click through to finish the wizard.

5 - Files are extracted and found in the folder to be used. 

If you can confirm where in this process it differs for you, we can start to look at ways to work around it.

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file