How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

SQL Monitor not preserving config when updating

When updating SQL Monitor, wether it be manually or with the automation script, it does not preserve the base monitor configuration even when specified to do so. Before every attempt to upgrade, I have to take a copy of the BaseLocation.config file and save it to the desktop, apply the upgrade and then copy the file back into its folder. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

Answers

• Options
    Hi Ashlyn,

Thank you for your post. I've not seen this happen before, but it may be because the Base Monitor, once upgraded, cannot locate the Baselocation.config. Are you installing SQL Monitor to the default location, or are you changing it? Also, what changes in the config file? Is it the network location or the port number?

Do you have your Web server and Base Monitor installed on different machines?  
  • Options
    AshlynnAshlynn Posts: 3 New member
    Hey Ben,
    SQL Monitor is installing to the default location. However we have multiple base monitors on many different machines connected to the webserver.
  • Options
    Hi Ashlynn,

What changes in the config file? Is it the network location or the port number? Or both? I assume the existing config is deleted and replaced with the new one after the upgrade?

And to confirm, the checkbox for "Keep existing Base Monitor" is checked?

• Options
    AshlynnAshlynn Posts: 3 New member
    Hi Ben,

The "Keep existing Base Monitor" box is checked. Port number stays the same however, network location is different for each of the base monitors.

I've never opened the config file after the upgrade so i'm not exactly sure what is there before I replace it. After upgrading, the only base monitor that shows up is the base monitor located on the local network and none on the different networks. I have to go back and replace the config file with the copy i take before the upgrade in order to see all of our base monitors. 
  • Options
    Hi Ashlynn,

I think it would be worth opening a ticket to investigate this issue further. I will open a support ticket and reach out to you through that.