Options

Where does SQL Backup 10 get the information for the Import SQL Server Registrations window?

TonyWTonyW Posts: 8 New member
When I click Import SQL Servers, the Import SQL Server Registrations window opens, but it is blank. I have registered servers defined in SSMS on my machine that is running the SQL Backup GUI, along with a Central Management Server that contains all of our SQL Server instances; I can see all of these listed in SSMS. What is the process for getting SQL Backup to 'see' this information for importing. I have read through the article below, but it assumed the window would be populated with server information from somewhere without giving additional information. Please advise.

Thanks,
Tony

Adding SQL Server instances - SQL Backup 10 - Product Documentation (red-gate.com)
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hello Tony,
    Thanks for your inquiry and sorry to hear about your issue with SQL Backup.
    The SQL Backup GUI reads the RegSrvr.xml file from a few locations, and lists down the servers registered in that file.  

Can you check these folders and confirm that the file is listed there and contains those SQL Server instances?
    • C:\Users\<current user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\SQL Server Management Studio
    • C:\Users\<current user name>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\<instance version>\Tools\Shell

Sean Quigley | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    TonyWTonyW Posts: 8 New member
    Thanks for the reply. There is a RegSrvr.xml file under the first path you listed in your reply, but the app doesn't appear to be reading it. I do not have a RegSrvr.xml file under the second path you listed.