Options

"message": "Version may only contain 0..9 and . (dot). Invalid version: \"20200500013258249705\""

I am getting below error while setting up the baseline version as we are implementing flyway to existing repository.

"message": "Version may only contain 0..9 and . (dot). Invalid version: \"20200500013258249705\""

I have setup flyway properties like below:
flywayProperties: locations=filesystem:postgres/md/md_wrk,outOfOrder=true,schemas=md_wrk,loggers=console,baselineOnMigrate=true,setBaselineMigrationPrefix="V",baselineVersion="20200500013258249705"

Existing repository scripts naming convention looks like : V20230519104950190616_00__ddl_md_stg_<>.sql
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hello chinmoy87,

I anticipate your issue is that you're attempting to redefine a baseline migration as a version migration which is liable to cause some confusion.
    Additionally what flyway version are you using please? I've only ever seen that command as 'baselineMigrationPrefix'.

As shown, that baseline approach you've taken is perfectly valid by itself.

Kind regards
    Peter Laws | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    chinmoy87chinmoy87 Posts: 2 New member
    Thank you @Peter_Laws for your response. I am using flyway version 8.4.3.

If I remove BaselineMigrationPrefix, still I am having the same issue. Not sure what wrong I am doing here.

Is it related with flyway version ?
  • Options
    It could be related to the version, we've certainly released many fixes between then and now.

Are you supplying any other versions parameters beyond what you listed earlier please? The are multiple factors it could be, Target for instance.

To be certain, the full console input would be useful, with debug output. Since that could contain sensitive information, I can raise a support ticket for you and contact you directly to give you a secure means to provide the information, if you like?
    Kind regards
    Peter Laws | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file