Options

install the most recent version of sql source control?

I have recently installed ssms 19.1 and have uninstalled a reinstalled redgate toolbelt essentials with a fresh download today(6/15/23). I still have both Ssms 18 and 19 installed.   SQL source control won't start in ssms 19 this looks to be what is related to the release notes for the product 7.6.11.17356 - June 7th, 2023 VT-310 - Fixed issue with launching plugin in SSMS 19.1. This release did not install or the release after it. Best I can tell by looking at the DLL files the version that installed is 7.6.0.17104

No matter how I try to get the version that fixes my issue i believe It keeps installing the old one. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times. 

What am I missing?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    JohnHallJohnHall Posts: 4 New member
    I get this logging into SSMS. Do you get something similar?

• Options
    jHenjHen Posts: 2 New member
    Yep and it states CreateInstance failed for package [SqlSourceControlPackage]Source: 'mscorlib' Description: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Extension.SqlSourceControlPackage..ctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
   at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
   at System.Activator.CreateInstanceFromInternal(String assemblyFile, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo)
   at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceFrom(String assemblyFile, String typeName)System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Extension.SqlSourceControlPackage..ctor()