Flyway Exception running a drift report using a self-hosted runner (Linux based)

ylamayylamay Posts: 1 New member
edited June 7, 2023 1:16PM in Flyway (General Discussion)
Hello!

I'm looking to see if you could lead in the right direction to figure out an error I'm getting.

I am testing the Drift functionality using the Check command (Have the enterprise license key). The commands are configured in a GitHub workflow I created running on a self-hosted Linux runner. I am installing the Flyway CLI tools to that runner. When I run it, I get the following exception: [org.flywaydb.core.api.FlywayException: org.flywaydb.core.api.FlywayException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not a JSON Object: "assemblyPath"]. I also tested with the Change report as well, but similar results ensued.

I have tested the same configuration on my local machine using windows and that successfully generated a drift (and change) report.

I then tested the configuration using WSL on my local machine (and installing the Flyway CLI tools to that Linux env.) and executing the same commands via PowerShell and ran into the same exception. From running it on my local machine I was able to briefly see the [rgcompare-error.log] file generate before being removed. It contained the message: [
assemblyPath: /home/{user}/flyway-9.19.1/lib/rgcompare/sce/RgCompare.SqlCompareEngine.dll].

If this is related to the formatting of my input configuration, I am at not sure exactly what's incorrect. If you notice something I'm not seeing, any suggestions would be very appreciated!

This is a snippet from my GitHub workflow (Step before this installs Flyway CLI tools):

Here is a snippet from the debug output (includes the exception and one step before it was thrown) from the GitHub workflow (Replaced some strings with ***):

Tagged:

Answers

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file