Options

Adding Format/Styles Buttons To Toolbar

BevBev Posts: 6 New member
I've created a few different style templates and named them accordingly, but when I want to add them as buttons to quickly change between styles, there is just a list of styles with no label so I don't know what any of them are. Is there any way to change this?

Answers

• Options

Hi @Bev

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forums.

I had a look and don't believe there is a way to change the naming of the styles in commands.

Doing some testing I don't believe adding a style to a menu bar will do anything either.

This may be a good feature request as I can see value from having styles quickly accessible.

At present the quickest method I'm aware of is in the right-click context menu to select styles to apply to your current code window

If wanting to submit a feature request you can do this through our UserVoice site. For SQL Prompt the address is: https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/94413-sql-prompt

UserVoice requests are posted to our product & development teams to help shape the roadmap of our products and include features & functions that making usage of our software easier and more intuitive

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • Options
    BevBev Posts: 6 New member
    If you add the style button to the toolbar, select it and then hit Format SQL it will format using that style. If you click a different style on the tool bar and then Format SQL it will use that one. It's a quick way of changing the default style without having to go into the Menu.