Options

Tab Color Settings Not Saving Again

thuntthunt Posts: 5 Bronze 1
edited May 10, 2023 12:05PM in SQL Prompt
This appears to have been an issue in the past and is now happening again. The settings in SQL Prompt Tab Color are not saving any changes if you try to edit, delete, or add any of the color settings.

SSMS: v18.12.1 (15.0.18424.0)
SQL Prompt: 10.13.7.360

Answers

• Options
    Ben_PBen_P Posts: 224 Silver 2
    Hi There,

Thank you for your post. this issue should have been fixed in the latest release:

https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLPrompt/SQLPrompt_10.13.8.680.exe

• Options
    I tried uninstalling everything (SSMS and SQL Prompt), then reinstalled with latest SQL Prompt version 10.13.8.680 and it still did not work. It will not save any of my edits to existing settings. I even tried installing SSMS 19.0.2 and that does not work either.
  • Options
    Other options in the "SQL Prompt - Options" dialog save just fine, it's just the tab color settings that do not seem to be saving.
  • Options
    I can confirm this is still happening in SQL Prompt 10.13.10.1356.  Any ETA on a fix or is there a workaround like directly editing a settings file?
  • Options
    I can confirm this is still happening in SQL Prompt 10.13.10.1356.  Any ETA on a fix or is there a workaround like directly editing a settings file?
    I was able to set the color directly on the databases I was working in by right-clicking the database in the Object Explorer and using the "Tab Color" context menu option. Not great since it has to be done manually on every database you want it on but works until they get the wild card issues fixed.