Options

Link Database with Source Control

All,

I am running Source Control 7.4.6.16349. When trying to link a database to a git repo, when I select the directory from the menu, the menu itself disappears. I am not sure if this has something to do with the fact that I'm logged into SQL Server with my SA account, but Git is mounted on c:/Git/Dev/<dbName> using my normal user account. I had contacted support once before and was told to run the following:'git config --global --add safe.directory C:/Git/Dev/<dbName>'; to which it did not correct the issue. I need to get my source control back and running like it used to on my workstation because I'm severely behind on checking in changes.

Answers

• Options
    Kurt_MKurt_M Posts: 178 Silver 1
    Hi @VEDave,

That might have something to do with it. We would need to check the logs to determine what it actually is. 

Can you please change the logging level to All, replicate the linking process and send me the log files?
    https://documentation.red-gate.com/soc/troubleshooting/logging-and-log-files

By default, log files for all Red Gate tools are located in: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Red Gate\Logs
    After retrieving the log files, I would suggest changing the log level to Serious (to limit log growth).

As a quick workaround, you might also be able to setup a new folder, clone the git repo down and then connect SQL Source Control to that new folder. 

Kind regards,

Kurt McCormick
    Product Support Engineer, Redgate

Need help? Take a look at our Help Center

• Options
    VEDaveVEDave Posts: 2 New member
    Kurt_M said:
    Hi @VEDave,

As a quick workaround, you might also be able to setup a new folder, clone the git repo down and then connect SQL Source Control to that new folder. 
    This is actually what I'm trying to do. My physical computer had the Source Control plugin working perfectly fine, even with me using an SA permission in SQL but using my regular account on the file system. However my workstation is hosed and got a VDI months ago and I have yet to get more than 1 database mounted correctly using the method above.
  • Options
    Hi @VEDave

Sorry for the delay. 

Is it possible for you to login with the same account as the file system? Or perhaps double check that mssql has permissions to access that folder?

Kind regards,

Kurt McCormick
    Product Support Engineer, Redgate

Need help? Take a look at our Help Center