Options

Flyway Desktop Community

Hello, 

According to this article, there is a community version of flyway desktop: Introducing Flyway Desktop in Community - Flyway (flywaydb.org)

However when I download the installer it only offers me a 7 day trial. Where can I find this community version? 

Thanks
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Jon_KirkwoodJon_Kirkwood Posts: 339 Silver 4

Hi @gregsting

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forums, regarding your query about the Community version of Flyway Desktop.

From Version 6.1.0 onwards you can utilize Flyway Desktop accessing Community level features of the Flyway CLI in the desktop application.

If no valid license is found the program will revert to the Community version. This can be viewed in the top left of the main window.

When first downloading Flyway you are provided a trial with Teams & Enterprise functionality for testing the differences between all three versions.

You can switch between versions the Help > Compare Versions menu item

Once your trial ends you will be able to continue using the Community edition or apply a license to utilize Teams/Enterprise functionality.

Hope this helps with your inquiry and continued usage of Flyway.

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Answers

• Options
    noschvienoschvie Posts: 1 New member
    Hello
    want to test Flyway Desktop ... the installation (Windows Server 2016 Standard) ends up with this message below
    How to proceed ?
    Thanks

• Options
    gregstinggregsting Posts: 2 New member
    edited March 11, 2024 7:59AM
    Hello, you should try to launch the installer as admin. I remember I had problems running on Windows 2012 though, it works on 2019 and 2022, not sure on 2016

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file