Options

SQL Prompt Upgrade to 10.13.7 failed but 10.13.6 won't uninstall from SSMS

StevePeStevePe Posts: 8 New member
Trying to upgrade to 10.13.7.360 from 10.13.6.254, but got the 1603 error. Then tried to uninstall existing version from Control Panel but that failed too. Best of all, SQL Prompt is now missing from SSMS.

Best Answer

• Options
    chrisqtranchrisqtran Posts: 93 Silver 1
    Hi Steve,

Looking at your log files, the issue seems to have been a faulty install of Visual Studio. An uninstall and reinstall or upgrade of Visual Studios will do the trick.
    Calling custom action RedGate.SqlPrompt.VSInstaller!RedGate.SqlPrompt.VSInstaller.VS2022InstallLocationFinder.InstallVS2022Pro<br>Exception thrown by custom action:<br>System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail

Answers

• Options
    StevePeStevePe Posts: 8 New member
    Thanks for following up Chris! I was able to install SQL Prompt once I uninstalled VS 2022. I'll re-install it  using the latest version.