Options

2 Feature requests

wsorannowsoranno Posts: 65
edited June 1, 2009 5:46AM in SQL Prompt Previous Versions
1. Automatically connecting to the server every time I open a file or add a new file within Visual Studio 2008 Database edition GDR.
It would be nice if a connection would be established when the solution/project is opened.
You could use the project properties to determine the database to connect too.
The biggest thing is to persist the connection while VS is open, so you do not have to connect every time.

2. Evaluate the the sqlcmd variables so SQL Prompt can bring up a candidate list.
Thanks
Bill Soranno
MCP, MCTS, MCITP DBA
Database Administrator
Winona State University
Maxwell 143
wsoranno@winona.edu

"Quality, like Success, is a Journey, not a Destination" - William Soranno '92

Comments

• Options
    Anu DAnu D Posts: 876 Silver 3
    Thanks for your post and also for letting us know the features you want SQL prompt to have.

I have logged this feature request in our tracking system and following are the references for the same.
    1. Automatically connecting to the server every time user open a file or add a new file within Visual Studio 2008 Database edition GDR.
    It would be nice if a connection would be established when the solution/project is opened.
    You could use the project properties to determine the database to connect too.
    The biggest thing is to persist the connection while VS is open, so you do not have to connect every time. - SP-2102
    2. Evaluate the the sqlcmd variables so SQL Prompt can bring up a candidate list. - SP-2103

Kindly let us know if you have any questions regarding SQL prompt,I'll like to help.
    Anuradha Deshpande
    Product Support
    Redgate Software Ltd.
    E-mail: support@red-gate.com