Options

underscore

wigit0wigit0 Posts: 3 New member
Hi, I have a number of stored procs, whose names include an underscore - e.g. select_something. If I type the name of the stored proc into sql history search, I get results back as though the underscores had been replaced with a space. So the components of the name are separate words. I've tried the usual escape characters, quotes and so on, to no avail. 

What's the trick, please? I just want to find exactly what I type. 

Answers

• Options
    Hi wigit0

Can you confirm if searching for the words in it does bring it back correctly it is just the underscore part that causes issue? 
  • Options
    ATurner said:
    Hi wigit0

Can you confirm if searching for the words in it does bring it back correctly it is just the underscore part that causes issue? 
    Yes: all ok without the underscore. It's like the underscore is being treated as a space. 

• Options
    Hi wigit0

I have spoken with the dev team on this. Unfortunately it is a limitation of the search library that prompt uses that it does not search for punctuation. 
  • Options
    ATurner said:
    Hi wigit0

I have spoken with the dev team on this. Unfortunately it is a limitation of the search library that prompt uses that it does not search for punctuation. 
    Ah. I guess it's back to SSMS Tools, then  :'-(