Options

SQL Packager Failing to Install an Assembly

Davy MitchellDavy Mitchell Posts: 19
edited June 25, 2009 5:39AM in SQL Packager Previous Versions
I have a SQL script which updates that database. This is verified as working via SSMS.

If I package with SQL Packager and run I get the error

Upgrading Database: OPTAC_MyCompany
SQL Error: ALTER ASSEMBLY for assembly 'procInfringements' failed because assembly 'procInfringements' is malformed or not a pure .NET assembly.
Unverifiable PE Header/native stub.

:evil:

Thanks,
Davy Mitchell

Comments

• Options
    Brian DonahueBrian Donahue Posts: 6,590 Bronze 1
    Hi Davy,

I can't say for sure, but I think you've run into a bug in Packager that causes it to split scripts up in the middle of a query when you package scripts that are very large. We will be releasing an update to SQL Packager soon that will fix this problem.
  • Options
    Thanks for your help - sounds very likely. The script is currently 1406kb in size.

This is impacting our current development. Can you be any more accurate than 'soon'? Sorry - I know it is difficult. :D

Regards,
    Davy Mitchell
  • Options
    Hi Davy,

At this point, we are still trying to figure out the best way to fix it, so I don't have a date. I have found out that the magic number is around 250 -- batches that are 250 lines or less do not get broken up.
  • Options
    Ok - understand that. Thanks Brian. :D
  • Options
    Hi Davy,

Our developers are planning to have a look at this issue in the next couple of weeks - hopefully we'll be able to get a fix out to you then.

Alice Easey
    Project Manager
    Red Gate Software
  • Options
    Thanks for the update Alice! :D
  • Options
    Hi just wondering if there is any news on this? :)
  • Options
    Hi Davy,

I think this may be fixed as part of Packager's enhancements to support large scripts -- I'll send you a link by Private Message.
  • Options
    That's great Brian - I will check it out and report back to you. :D

Take care,
    Davy
  • Options
    Thought I would feedback on this.

The large script fix appears to have solved the install issue (not tested the application much yet!).

Thanks for the help :D Is there a date set for the official final release?

Davy
  • Options
    Sorry, we don't have a date on an official release. We generally wait until either a major product release or a sufficient number of smaller fixes that will justify a public point release.

There are no known issues that should prevent you using the private patch. The only disclaimer is that it hasn't undergone the full set of regression tests that our public releases undergo, so we would urge you to satisfy yourself that it works in your environment before using it in anger.

Kind regards,

David Atkinson
    Red Gate Software
    David Atkinson
    Product Manager
    Redgate Software