Options

SQL Clone Agent

SindujaSinduja Posts: 2 New member
I have  a primary server with SQL Clone server installed and on secondary server I want to run the agent to store the clone. I have tried to install the agent through automation following your script for silent install. 

However , I was able to download the agent but the agent is not up and running and it does not get started.
The DNS is in place and receive the error message as unable to connect to the primary server(hostname:14146) when I run the start-process command in powershell.

Any reason regarding it or any suggestions to resolve it?

Answers

• Options
    SindujaSinduja Posts: 2 New member
    I receive this error 

Unable to connect to SQL Clone Server at https://example:14146/ (2 retry(-ies) so far). Waiting for 00:00:20...
    System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: An error occurred while sending the request. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote name could not be resolved: 'example'
       at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpClientHandler.GetRequestStreamCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at RedGate.SqlClone.Agent.ManagementServiceClient.ManagementServiceClient.JsonHttpClient.<Post>d__6`2.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at RedGate.SqlClone.Tasks.ActionRunner.<RetryAsyncOperation>d__10`1.MoveNext()