Options

SSMS Intellisense not working

Sometimes when i start SSMS the intellisense is not working of SSMS itself as can be seen by the red underlining for scripts which where restored from the previous time SSMS was closed. When i put a USE <database> at the top the problem goes away until i remove the use statement. Closing and reopening the script fixes the problem until the next time i boot SSMS.

Refreshing intellisense does not help.
Unfortunately i can not discover a reliable reproduction path.
This is not script specific.

Using SQL prompt version 10.13.4.32349

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi Remko1981

Does this occur on every database you have? Are they linked or Azure? Or local? 
  • Options
    When it occurs it happens on all 3 servers i have open query windows to. They are local servers running SQL version 15.0.4261.1 . Except for one which runs version 13.0.6419.1 .

• Options
    I have found what triggers this problem. Sometimes i leave my workstation running. During the night our servers close all inactive remote desktop sessions. When this happens SSMS starts with the question if i want to recover queries after SSMS was closed expectantly. I click no and then SQL Prompt restores them as i expect but with the red squiggle lines indicating that objects do not exist. Closing and reopening the queries solves this issue.

I will log out from now on so for me this problem should go away.