How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Clicking on individual graphs on Overviews page

A number of releases back, it used to be that when I clicked on a graph in the overviews page it would take me directly to that metric under the Analysis tab.  Now when I click on the graph, it just takes me to the first metric of the first host of the Analysis tab regardless of what graph I happen to be on.  Would it be possible to re-enable that feature where it will take me directly to the metric and host that I am clicking on in the Overviews page?  

It still works correctly when I click on a metric from an alert under the Alerts tab, just not from the Overviews page.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,132 Diamond 4
    Hi @DonFerguson,

Yes it is - it's been assigned to a team and they are prioritizing it in with their sprint work.  I'm hoping it will get into one of the next couple of sprints, but will let you know when I have more information!

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

Answers

• Options
    Hi Don,

What version are you currently on, what entity type is this and is it a specific metric/graph (the four mini graphs at the top, the 1/3 size graphs e.g. in SQL Server metrics or the sparklines like in the Disk usage section)?

I've just checked a few entity types and different graphs/metrics on the latest 12.1.50 and it all looks like it's taking me to the right place (apart from the RDS disk metric from the top mini graph that goes to machine: processor time which I've mentioned to the team).

Kind regards,
    Alex

• Options
    DonFergusonDonFerguson Posts: 196 Silver 5
    I am on 12.1.50, the current latest version.  Clicking on any of the machine metrics such as Disk I/O or Machine Processor time within the four mini graphs takes me to the very first alphabetical host and the machine processor time on the Analysis tab.  I did observe that when I click on SQL Metrics such SQL Server Processor time or SQL Server Memory, it does take me to the correct machine and metric on the Analysis tab. Also clicking on the the 4 metrics within the very top graphs takes me nowhere now.  Though I believe that at one time that used to also take me to the analysis page metric. 
  • Options
    Hi Don,

I must have been clicking on the SQL Server part only and not realised it, but I do see this (and I must not have clicked on the disk I/O except on the RDS example because it doesn't work on other entity types either, though I could have sworn I checked it when I saw the above.

It does only appear to be the top four graphs though (and the top graph, though I wasn't sure it was clickable before since you can drag the focus window around).

I've escalated this to the developers and will come back to you!

Kind regards,
    Alex

• Options
    Thank you Alex.
  • Options
    Alex, is it on the roadmap to fix the issue when clicking a machine metric that it will take you to the machine you are in instead of the host alphabetically at the top of the list? 
  • Options
    Hi @DonFerguson,

The top two graphs (CPU and RAM) should go to the correct place in 13.0.3 (releasing later today), the other two are a bit different and so taking more time for further internal discussion and I'll update here again when those have been addressed.

Kind regards,
    Alex

• Options
    Glad to hear that.  Thanks for the update.
  • Options
    Hi @DonFerguson,

Just wanted to let you know that the other two graphs have been addressed in 13.0.5 in two different ways. 

The disk I/O graph will only link through for the Machine level metric (the SQL Server graph is an aggregate of data from a number of database files) and it will link through to show the two metrics (read and write) that make up the value on the Server overview.

For the waits graph, this will no longer link through as there is no equivalent metric to be shown on the Analysis page.

Kind regards,
    Alex