Options

"These changes might cause deployment errors or data loss"

When committing changes, I am blocked by the message "These changes might cause deployment errors or data loss."
I am not using SQL Source Control for deployment.  I used SQL Compare to make the schema changes which I want to commit.  Is there a way to get past this and continue to commit?  Thanks.

Best Answer

• Options
    SQL_LutenistSQL_Lutenist Posts: 7 New member
    Hi, Jon, thank you, but I ended up calling support.  Dustin was great and helped me.  Updating the app didn't change it.  I ended up unlinking the database, committing the changes with github desktop, then relinking it, and it is now fine.  Appreciate your help.  Ticket #282613.

Answers

• Options

Hi @SQL_Lutenist

Thank you for reaching out on the Red Gate forum regarding your SQL Source Control question.

Are you able to share a screenshot of the window where this error is appearing.

Can we verify the version of Source Control you are running and if possible patch into the latest release:

v7.4.16 can be downloaded here: https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLSourceControl/SQLSourceControl_7.4.16.16699.exe

Is there a 'Database Comparison Options' object in your commit screen?

If so, can you attempt to commit it first and verify if the error message goes away.

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • Options
    That's excellent, super glad Dustin was able to help work through this one directly with you and get to a good resolution.

I'll link this forum post to our internal ticket for future reference to this error message
    "These changes might cause deployment errors or data loss"

Steps you took to resolve the error:
    • Unlink the database
    • Commit changes with github desktop
    • Relink database
    Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software