How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Connection failed to Base Monitor: No objects returned from WMI Class Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Proce

Hi,

When I try to add a new Sql server to monitor and I test the account.  I get this error:
Results for "data-1"
Query processor via WMI
No objects returned from WMI Class Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Processor

When I add the server anyway, the status of the server is: Connection failed - Bad data
Log gives me the following info:
DateGroupEventOutcomeExceptionException message
1 Dec 2022 20:44GeneralProcessorBad dataInvalidDataExceptionNo objects returned from WMI Class Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Processor

I am working on a Windows server 2022. 
I found this thread: No objects returned from WMI Class Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Processor in SQL Monitor — Redgate forums (red-gate.com) and tried the suggestions Eddy gave, but it didn't help. 

When I query the WMI through wbemtest with the query that results in bad data:
select PercentDPCTime,PercentIdleTime,PercentInterruptTime,PercentPrivilegedTime,PercentUserTime,Timestamp_Sys100NS from Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Processor where Name = '_Total'

the result is: 1 object: Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Processor=<no key>

Do you know why this is happening and maybe a solution?

Thanks

Answers

• Options

Hi @smientjes

Sorry to hear you're running into an issue with SQL Monitor

Can I please verify the operating system of the server and version of SQL Monitor you have installed

This problem may be due to a corrupted performance counter or wmi repository.

Can you please first try the following on the problem server:

1.  From an elevated command prompt - run <b>winmgmt /verifyrepository</b>

Then stop the WMI service by running <b>net stop winmgmt /y</b>

2. Once you receive confirmation that the service has stopped, run  <b>winmgmt /resetrepository</b> 

The try adding the server again.

3. Should that not help, please try rebuilding your WMI perf counters:

Open a command line with Elevated rights and then run the following commands:

c:
    cd c:\windows\system32 
    lodctr /R 
    cd c:\windows\sysWOW64 
    lodctr /R
    WINMGMT.EXE /RESYNCPERF

4. Stop and restart the Performance Logs and Alerts service.
        Stop and restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service.

5.  Then try adding the server once more.

If you are still having issues after working through this list, we can look a bit further through the following process.

1. On the machine running the SQL Monitor Base Monitor, open an elevated command prompt and run - <b>wbemtest</b>

2. In the Windows Management Instrumentation Tester dialog box, click Connect.

3. In the Namespace box, type \\myserver.example.com\root\cimv2 where myserver.example.com is the name of the Windows server you are attempting to monitor.

5. Click the Query button

6. query the following commands and advise the results:

</code></p><pre class="CodeBlock"><code><p><code>select ElapsedTime,IDProcess,Name,PercentPrivilegedTime,PercentUserTime,PrivateBytes,WorkingSet from Win32_PerfRawData_PerfProc_Process where Name != '_Total'

<pre class="CodeBlock"><code>select ElapsedTime,IDProcess,Name,PercentPrivilegedTime,PercentUserTime,PrivateBytes,WorkingSet from Win32_PerfRawData_PerfOS_Processor where Name != '_Total'

Do they return a list or is the result area blank showing 0 objects?

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software
  • Options
    smientjessmientjes Posts: 2 New member
    Hi Jon_Kirkwood , 

Thanks for the answer. Apparently there where some windows updates that needed installation. 
    After that it gets a correct answer from the WMI and the server is added without hassle.

• Options

Great news!

Glad it was a straight forward fix and you have the server added.

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software