SQL Monitor 12 - Base Monitor Install Fails When Installing Service

Hi

I'm attempting to set up SQL Monitor using a two server set up - an app server for the two services and a database server

I’ve followed suggestions from the forum to install the web monitor first which I’ve done successfully, I’ve set up IIS as it recommends this for production. This all works and I can open the webpage where i've then downloaded the Base Monitor installer 

When I attempt to install the base monitor it gives the following error - 

‘Product: SQL Monitor Base 12 -- Error 1923. Service 'SQL Monitor Base Monitor' (MonitorBaseDeploymentService) could not be installed.  Verify that you have sufficient privileges to install system services.’

I can retry and get same error, I then cancel and one more error shows in the event log -

Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: SQL Monitor Base 12. Product Version: 12.1.35.2477. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Red Gate Software Ltd. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Im running the installer as an admin with my account, the account for running the service is an AD service account that I’ve added to the ‘Log on as a service’ policy and have also added my own admin account as well. Both accounts are admins on the machine 

I've also checked in reg edit and services and there's no sign of a hanging service that could be blocking the install

The only thing is these are Windows 2022 servers, I see in the documentation this has not been added as supported yet but since it was between this and 2016 I wanted to chance it using 2022

Is there anything more to try before requesting a 2016 server to try? 

Thanks, Chris 

Tagged:

Answers