Having trouble setting up SmartAssembly 8.1 on build server

Hello, I am attempting to upgrade our projects to use SmartAssembly 8.1 (previously was using version 6).
Everything runs fine locally, except I am now getting an error stemming from the target file that our .csproj files point to.

Here is the error:
packages\RedGate.SmartAssembly.MSBuild.8.1.2.4975\build\RedGate.SmartAssembly.MSBuild.targets(18, 5): error MSB4036: The "SmartAssembly" task was not found. Check the following: 1.) The name of the task in the project file is the same as the name of the task class. 2.) The task class is "public" and implements the Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask interface. 3.) The task is correctly declared with <UsingTask> in the project file, or in the *.tasks files located in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Professional\MSBuild\15.0\Bin" directory.

I understand this is an autogenerated file, so I am wondering if there are any ideas as to what I am missing on the server to cause this error?
I have followed the instructions of the "Upgrade SA from 7 to 8" article I found, and our .csproj files are able to find the target file, so I am a little lost on what the exact issue is.
Tagged:

Answers