Options

SQL Prompt tab history export

Hello,
i recently changed my PC, i want to copy tab history from old PC to new one
i tried copy savedtabs.db from old PC at 
C:\Users\Bassam\AppData\Local\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 10
to new PC , same location
but it did not work, also i noticed that new installtion in new PC does not have such file to replace it even i created some tabs on it

new version is : 10.12.5.30313
old version in old PC is : 10.11.9.27382

new SSMS version : 18.12.1 , old SSMS was : 18.10

Kindly advice what to do to transfer old tabs history ?

Thank you
Bassam

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    dkim1999dkim1999 Posts: 85 Bronze 2
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out and I apologize that you are running into issues with SQL Prompt.

The most recent version of SQL Prompt(10.12.5) has some issues regarding viewing tab history.
    There is currently a workaround but because you are migrating your tabs from one machine to another, I am not too sure if it will still work.

You will need to close down SSMS then browse to %localappdata%\Red Gate\SQL Prompt 10\ and delete only the file named "SqlHistory.db" and then relaunch SSMS. You should now be able to view Tab History.

This file is the new format for saved tab history. So when opening the new version of SQL Prompt for the first time, it should take the existing "SavedTab.db" and convert it to the new format. Due to an issue with this release the initial "SqlHistory.db" is corrupt so deleting it should prompt  SQL Prompt to re-create the file upon re-opening SSMS.

Let me know how it goes!

David K.
    Product Support Engineer

Answers