Options

Product Improvement - PDF and Word Navigation

DiggaDigga Posts: 27 Bronze 3
Hi

It would be extremely helpful for both of these output versions to have navigation added to PDF via bookmarks and Word  replicating the table of contents in the navigation panel. Currently both of these output types are only good for storing the information and not great for using as an active reference document. The Word version has all the bookmarks added, but they are randomly named, I'm assuming to support the table of contents, which is a shame as this could've been used to generate a navigable PDF version.  

All our previous documentation used CHM and worked extremely well, providing both easy navigation, indexing, search and favourites. I'm finding nothing in the current output options comes close to CHM functionality except HTML, but this doesn't have search.

I'm not asking for CHM to be reinstated, just for a bit more consideration regarding real world usage. Can you tell me which was the last version to support CHM, please?

Kind regards,

Digga

Answers

• Options
    Hi Digga

Unfortunately Microsoft HTML Help Workshop is no longer supported by Microsoft. This means that we cannot support the feature.

Would recommend adding this suggestion to the uservoice forum 
    https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/936348-sql-toolbelt-essentials 
  • Options
    DiggaDigga Posts: 27 Bronze 3
    edited October 3, 2022 4:02PM
    Hi

I didn't ask you to support CHM. I asked you to enhance the output files for PDF and Word. I also asked for the last version of SQL Doc to support CHM.

Quoted
    "I'm not asking for CHM to be reinstated, just for a bit more consideration regarding real world usage. Can you tell me which was the last version to support CHM, please?"

Kind regards,

Digga
  • Options
    Hi Digga

Apologies thought I had put that in the previous post. The latest version that supports it should be 5.1.3

For the enhancement of PDF and word would recommend adding this to the uservoice forum https://redgate.uservoice.com/forums/936348-sql-toolbelt-essentials  
  • Options
    YW_TAJYW_TAJ Posts: 1 Bronze 1
    How do I download SQL Doc 5.1.3?  I recently upgraded to 5.2.5 only to discover that CHM is no longer supported.  I agree that HTML with frames come close, except no search.  We want to continue (at least for now) using CHM output - since it is absolutely superior for our purposes.  However, when I go to the Old Versions section of the Red-Gate website, the most recent old version is 4.1.4.   I didn't want to go back that far, I wanted to get 5.1.3.  Where can I find it?
    Regards,
    TJ