Compare brings up View objects as different but are the same

jonswainojonswaino Posts: 18
edited May 7, 2009 12:08PM in SQL Compare Previous Versions
I've just ran an SQL Compare against a SQL Scripts folder.
I've noticed that a VIEW object has been identified as different. However when I click on the view object, in the differences pane there are no differences (i.e. no orange markes in the scrolls bar to indicate there are any differences). I have also searched line by line and there are no differences.
In addition, the options menu has the IGNORE whitespace option checked. Is this a bug, or is there some reason for this?

Regards,

J.Swain

Comments

• Michelle TMichelle T Posts: 566 Gold 1
    Sounds like a bug. Does it still happen if you take a snapshot of the database on each side, and compare those? We'd like to look into it and the easiest way to do so is if you can send us some snapshots (or backups we can use to recreate the databases, if it only happens on live databases) that reproduce the problem.

Obviously we understand this isn't always possible - even just the CREATE statement for the view might help us understand what's going on. If you want the issue to be properly tracked you should send further information to support@red-gate.com, or you can send it to me directly at michelle.taylor@red-gate.com if you'd prefer.
    Software Developer
    Redgate Software