Setup a filter to ignore specific indexes

vdevvdev Posts: 3 Bronze 1
Hi, we are using sql compare to synchronize multiple client databases. Some databases have a difference in a couple of primary keys because we use partinioning therefore the primary key is non clustered.

SQL Compare tries to make it clustered which in turn results in an error executing the script.

We want somehow on the filters to ignore the names of the primary keys. We havent found how to do it yet.
Tagged:

Answers

• Dan_JDan_J Posts: 446 Silver 2
    Hi @vdev

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this.

There is an option within SQL Compare to ignore constraint and index names, which includes primary keys, however this will be applied to all:

Aside from this, to my knowledge it isn't possible to filter primary keys in exactly the manner you are describing.
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • vdevvdev Posts: 3 Bronze 1
    Hi @Dan_J,

many thanks for the reply; this is a huge problem because we cant sync databases anymore using redgate.

We have some clients where we needed to partition the databases. As such, the primary keys became non clustered, and we have a secondary clustered index.

Red Gate tries to create the primary key as clustered and we get an error.

Ignoring the cluster option when comparing would still be an efficient option.
  • Dan_JDan_J Posts: 446 Silver 2
    Hi @vdev

Thanks for your reply on this.

I have since been trying to reproduce this but have no far not seen the same behavior you are describing.

Would it be possible for you to provide a screenshot of the error you are see?

Also, just to ensure that my tests are accurate, any steps to reproduce this issue that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  
    Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?