Options

Build server pipeline failing after auto-update of SQL Change Automation (v 4.4.22194.30982)

2»

Answers

• Options
    Hi @BrendonM

Would you be able to log a ticket with us at support and provide the full debug logs for us to investigate further?

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• Options
    InkZInkZ Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    BrendonM said:
    Hi

It looks like a similar issue might have occurred again?

I spent a couple of days changing all of the build runners after the last time.  They obviously aren't supporting or testing the old way of doing things now.  TBF I actually prefer the new .Net build runners.  They support DEVENV now, and you can DEVENV multiple projects in one build step where we had a load of command line steps in Team City previously, which is great for our SSRS, SSAS projects.
  • Options
    BrendonMBrendonM Posts: 4 New member
    @DanC thanks - done.

@InkZ thank you for the suggestion. In this case TeamCity is not using the deprecated MSBuild runner, it's using the RedGate SQL Change Automation Build step that comes with the RedGate SQL Change Automation TeamCity plugin. It does quite a bit in addition to building the projects so I would prefer not to try and replace it if possible.
  • Options
    BrendonMBrendonM Posts: 4 New member

It seems to have been a false alarm. The builds are working now. It looks like it was somehow picking up the wrong versions of some MSBuild DLLs and once these were removed from the GAC it started working.