Options

Is there a plan to create SQL Prompt support for PostGreSQL?

jbrunejbrune Posts: 13 Bronze 1
This is desperately needed.  I've been on SQL Server since 6.5, and have been using SQL Prompt for ever.  My company is moving over to PostGre and I have to type most of my queries in manually!  There is no suggesting of joins.  Auto-complete doesn't come up automatically.  So far we have one small data on PostGreSQL and I'm already going through withdrawal.

Best Answer

• Options
    dkim1999dkim1999 Posts: 85 Bronze 2
    Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out about SQL Prompt.

Unfortunately, there is not a plan to support PostGreSQL. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,
    David Kim
    Product Support Engineer

Answers

• Options
    KarlBlancoKarlBlanco Posts: 1 Bronze 1
    Upvoting for consideration.
  • Options
    leoa69leoa69 Posts: 1 New member

SQL Prompt, developed by Redgate Software, primarily supports Microsoft SQL Server and Azure SQL Database. At that time, there was no official support for PostgreSQL in SQL Prompt.

However, software development and feature updates can change over time, so it's worth checking Redgate Software's official documentation, website, or reaching out to their support team to inquire about any updates or plans for PostgreSQL support in SQL Prompt. They would be the best source of accurate and up-to-date information regarding their product roadmap and plans for expanding support to different database platforms.

• Options
    niltonnilton Posts: 3 New member
    SQL Prompt from Redgate Software is focused on Microsoft SQL Server and Azure SQL Database, lacking PostgreSQL support. However, software development evolves, so it's recommended to check their official documentation or reach out to support for updates on PostgreSQL compatibility. For the latest information on expanding database support, Redgate is the most reliable source.
  • Options
    SQL Prompt from Redgate Software is focused on Microsoft SQL Server and Azure SQL Database, lacking PostgreSQL support. However, software development evolves, so it's recommended to check their official documentation or reach out to support for updates on PostgreSQL compatibility. For the latest information on expanding database support, Redgate is the most reliable source.
  • Options
  • Options
    Sergio1Sergio1 Posts: 11 New member

To get the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding SQL Prompt support for PostgreSQL, I recommend checking the official Redgate website, documentation, or contacting Redgate's support directly. They can provide details about the current features of SQL Prompt and any plans or roadmaps for future updates, including support for additional database systems.

Keep in mind that support for specific databases depends on the company's development priorities, user demand, and technical considerations. If there has been a recent update or announcement about PostgreSQL support, that information would be available through official channels.

• Options
    pratik69pratik69 Posts: 3 New member
    nilton said:
    Thanks for the information. But, is our SQL Prompts wok Azure SQL database? . From where you get thi information.
  • Options
    nilton said:
    Thanks for the information. But, is our SQL Prompts wok Azure SQL database? . From where you get thi information.
  • Options
    nilton said: