Options

Set development source... link does not actually set development source

sstewartsstewart Posts: 1 New member
edited May 31, 2022 3:36PM in SQL Change Automation
Really confused about what I'm seeing...

Opened an SCA Project file in SCA through Sql Server Management Studio, running SCA 4.4.22145.30480.

I get the "No Development source" so I click the "Set development source..." link. I select an existing database, and click "Test Connection" and it works "Successfully connected to database"

I click "OK"

No errors.  No warnings, no funny icons, no nothing just "No development source" and that "Set development source..." link mocking me.

How do I even begin to figure out what's wrong?

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @sstewart

Sorry you're getting this issue!

I'm not sure how it gets into this state, but it's fairly common and really easy to fix, if you navigate to your SQL Change Automation project folder and locate a file with your project name and the extension ".sqlproj.user" if you open and edit this file to remove the two properties:

<TargetDatabase>
    <TargetConnectionString>

Save and reload the project in SSMS then set the development source again and this should resolve the error!

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• Options
    WillCWillC Posts: 7 Bronze 1
    I'm getting the same issue version 4.4.22207.31111

The ".sqlproj.user" file doesn't contain either of these properties.
  • Options
    Hi @WillC

In that case, could you try deleting the file and close and reopen the project, otherwise, open the .sqlproj.user file and edit to add the following 

"<ShadowConnectionString>Data Source=YourServer;Initial Catalog=YourShadowDB_shadow;Integrated Security=True</ShadowConnectionString>"

For example it could look like this:

Kind regards

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• Options
    WillCWillC Posts: 7 Bronze 1
    Thanks, deleting the entire file sorted it. I fear I will come back to this in a few months and get the same issue and forget this fix.

Is there anything you need from me or I can do to help your dev team diagnose the issue to help get a more permanent fix for this?
  • Options
    Hi @WillC

It's quite an uncommon issue and we're not sure why this occurs, but it's relatively easy to fix on the plus side

Kind regards

Have you visited our 
    Help Center?