How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Alert Config - exclusion

dstolzdstolz Posts: 2 New member
I have the built-in alert for Job Failing.  I see there are regex boxes to skip that alert based on name or owner.  But what I really want is to make all jobs with name like 'XXX' to be a LOW Job Failing Alert and all others be a MED Job Failing Alert.  Is that possible?

Or if I were to create a Custom Alert (so it can have this one-off LOW setting), is there a way to use the exact same query that RedGate uses to gather that event?  Or must I develop the needed tSQL?  For a job failure, that is likely easy enough - but I think I may perhaps want this custom concept for other alerts where I need different alert/email reactions - that are likely a much more sophisticated query or even WMI items at the OS level, etc.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    This isn't what these boxes are intended for. I would suggest trying to use regex alongside the Powershell API to configure alerts in the required way.

From your UI, if you navigate to Configuration > Example PowerShell scripts > under Alert settings > expand Disable Disk Space Alert For C Drive

Although this is showing how to disable for a disk, the job will be similar for a lower entity. Hopefully this is a helpful example for you to build from.
    Kind regards

Tom Claringbold | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?