Options

SQL Server Properties and Database Properties Only (No list of objects)

CGGCGG Posts: 2 New member
Hi,

Hopefully this is doable. I'm looking to only document high-level information against the server and its databases, and exclude any lower-level information on an object-level. Is this possible?
  • Server
    • Database1
      • Tables
      • Stored Procedures
      • Users
    • Database2
      • Tables
      • Stored Procedures
      • Users
    • Database3
      • Tables
      • Stored Procedures
      • Users
I've tried setting this in the tool and also tried amending the .sqldoc XML, but to no avail. Is this something which can be specified within PowerShell?

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Options
    Jon_KirkwoodJon_Kirkwood Posts: 339 Silver 4
    Answer ✓

Hi @CGG

Thank you for reaching out on the Redgate forums regarding your SQL Doc output generation query.

Unfortunately there does need to be some level of object selection enabled for the output to generate. 

In the check-boxes to select the items included in the output - whenever there is a sub-level option it requires something within that level to be selected to enable the option above it. 

To have that top-level of reporting it requires something below it to be enabled which does mean that at least one object must be selected.

A possible workaround is to select a single object that has very little reporting per database. 

I tested this using Security > Users > dbo or guest 

Doing this against a couple of my test databases generated a 15-page output with the high-level details and limited the objects to a single-row table per database in the report.

Hopefully this may be of assistance to your process.

Jon Kirkwood | Technical Support Engineer | Redgate Software