Options

SQL Prompt Leaves Intellisense Disabled after uninstall

After upgrading SQL Server Management Studio to version 18.10, SQL Prompt 9 no longer worked and I had to uninstall it. However, Intellisense remains disabled. I've tried reinstalling and uninstalling SQL Prompt, but Intellisense remains disabled. Is there a registry setting or other change that SQL Prompt Uses to disable intellisense?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    VoidGate2VoidGate2 Posts: 2 New member
    edited January 27, 2022 10:53PM
    Please note that I have tried everything in the article:
    SSMS native IntelliSense doesn't work after SQL Prompt trial expires

• Options
    Hi there @VoidGate2

Thanks for reaching out to us regarding this.

I am aware that there was a change made back at the beginning of 2021 to stop the native Intellisense in SSMS from being disabled when SQL Prompt is installed. You may need to update to SQL Prompt 10 in order to resolve the issue you are seeing here. The latest version of SQL Prompt can be downloaded directly from: https://download.red-gate.com/checkforupdates/SQLPrompt/SQLPrompt_10.10.4.26165.exe

If you continue to see this issue with the latest version of SQL Prompt install, or with SQL Prompt unstalled, the following has solved this issue for other customers in the past:

Firstly, verify that native Intellisense is enabled (Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> Transact-SQL -> IntelliSense). 

If this is already the case then you may need to enable both "Auto list members" and "Parameter information" (under Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> Transact-SQL -> General) in order for Intellisense to work as expected.

I hope this helps!

Kind regards

Dan Jary | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?