How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.

Export Alerts

Is there anyway to export alerts as I want to trace the freqency of specific alert and as the reporting tool doesnt seem to allow you to select a "SQL server alert" as an output I thought I would try the alerts section where I can get the data I need but there is no export option which I need to put into something useful.
Tagged:

Answers

• Ok found it under Alerts in the reports section, but there doesnt seem to be a way to format the date?
  • Alex BAlex B Posts: 1,131 Diamond 4
    Hi @PHJMartin,

If you are talking about the "Alert" tile type, then using the "Use time range from report" will set that to be whatever the report time is set to (i.e. send data from last 7 days) or however the overall report is configured.

The other option is "Use time range from filter", which may be what you want. You can create filters on the Alerts page (click on the "Show Advance Filters" link next to the Filters selection box to expand it and then you set the alert type and the Last Updated from/to to capture the time period you are looking for and then save that using the "Save as new filter" button at the bottom right of that section, which is the Filter that you choose when adding the new Alert tile type.

Or perhaps you could just use the filter on the alerts page?  If that's not what you are talking about then please do let me know.  Apart from that though, there isn't really an export for alerts.

Kind regards,
    Alex
    Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?