Options

No casing options under the "Styles" menu?

Im wanting to change how SQL Prompt cases my keywords.  Several posts on different sites say that I can change the case settings under the styles menu and even provide screen shots on where this options are located.

The problem is, my version of SQL Prompt has no additional menu options for change the case format under the styles menu.  Nor can I find the option anywhere else under the options menu

How to I change it so that SQL Prompt no longer upper cases my keywords. Better yet, can I pick which keywords use a specific format?

Version 10.10.3

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Good morning Mr www,

Thank you for your query, what platform are you using SQL Prompt on please?
    Would you please be able to share a screenshot of what you do see under the styles option?

Lastly, are you presently using a custom style or one of the default ones?

Kind regards,
    Peter

Redgate Product Support
    Kind regards
    Peter Laws | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our Help Center?
  • Options
    mrwww76mrwww76 Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    Here is a snapshot of my options screen running under
    • Windows 7
    • SSMS 18.6
    • SQP: 10.10.3

Sadly, the other website does not indicate what version of SQL prompt they are using. I have attached their example as well below this screenshot.  Im sure my version is newer, but even if the casing options were moved in later versions, where is it???

From another support Website

• Options
    Thank you, yes as you suspected, the screenshot on the other site is a little out of date, the functionality still exists, but has moved.

In your screenshot, please select 'Edit formatting styles' near the top of the screen you are on, you can also navigate to the same point directly in the SQL Prompt drop down in SSMS with the same option. 

This screen will the list the available styles, the default ones that come with the product and any you have created. You can edit your own, whereas the default ones can only be viewed or copied.

I'll assume you don't already have a custom style (if you do, please skip step 1)
    1. Click '+ Create a style' and name the new style
    2. Select your new style, you'll see in the bottom right corner, the view option has changed to 'Edit style'
    3. Clicking 'Edit style' will present the customisation screen you are looking for and you can define the casing options as shown below

The functionality is detailed here, thought admittedly the options are not exhaustively listed
    https://documentation.red-gate.com/sp/sql-code-formatting-and-styles/customizing-your-formatting-style

Kind regards,
    Peter

Redgate Product Support
    Kind regards
  • Options
    mrwww76mrwww76 Posts: 5 Bronze 1
    Found it!

When I clicked "Edit formatting Styles" from the initial options window, it opens the style editor.
    However, the "Edit Style..." and "Close Window" buttons are obscured by the Windows start bar. This is why I never saw the casing options. (See screen shot 1)

If I move the style editor windows up and resize it to a smaller window, I can see the buttons.
    However, SQP is not saving the window size or screen position.  The next time I click "Edit formatting styles", the bottom of the window is again hidden behind the start bar and back to its original size. (screen shot 2)

So I need to reposition and resize the window every time to access the buttons. Can this be patched in a future update? My current resolution is 1920 x 1080

• Options
    Hello again,

As of v10.11.0.26431, this issue of the buttons being offscreen has been fixed. Thank you for reporting it and helping us improve our product.

If this resolves your issue please could you let us know by dropping a comment or marking an accepted answer.

Many thanks.
    Peter 

Redgate Product Support
    Kind regards