Options

SQL Search Error Reindexing

vjacob1vjacob1 Posts: 57 Bronze 1
I keep getting an error with SQL Search when it is trying to find Database objects 
It does not come up with any results and is always reindexing
When I looked at the log file attached - it is getting an error with reindexing the selected database
I do not know what the error means but I have uploaded the log to my Google Drive filehttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1se3CqzH_7_ZVRZkzeYmeuFSEMm2hfdhl/view?usp=sharing

I am not sure what can be done to correct this 
I will provide a background 
I am using SSMS on my laptop and connected over a Secure VPN to connect to the SQL Server
Please provide any tips or hints that I can do 

I really love the SQL Search tool as it is the only tool that can search SQL Agent Jobs.

Thanks,

Answers

• Options
    Hi vjacob1

If you launch SSMS and load SQL search before connecting to the instance does this work? 
  • Options
    vjacob1vjacob1 Posts: 57 Bronze 1
    @ATurner - I have tried your suggestion and it still gives the reindexing error 
    I think it is my secure VPN as when I had a machine that was on the same network (with no VPN) SQL Search worked without any issues.
    I don't know why it is not working but that is the only guess I have as I have tried to uninstall and reinstall 
    Clear temp folders and try reindexing again - nothing has worked
    Really wish I could get this resolved as I really love this tool as it is the only one that can search SQL Server Agent Jobs as well.