Options

Error encountered during format: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Memory'

Trying to bulk format our stored procedures. And I get the following error, when I try to run it through the CLI. "Error encountered during format: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Memory, Version=4.0.1.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified." 

The command I'm running is: SqlPrompt.Format.CommandLine.exe --i-agree-to-the-eula -p "C:\Users\andrew.0279091\source\repos\Data\ConfieDW\dbo\Stored Procedures" -s Default

I tried running the bulk operation through SQL Prompt in SSMS but the option doesn't exist for me like it does in the documentation. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi @AndrewV91

The development team have created a GitHub issue task to take a look into this, so I'll keep you informed of any updates!

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?

• Options
    Hi @AndrewV91

Would you be able to do a clean uninstall and reinstall with clearing out the directories for SQL Prompt perhaps using a tool like Revo.

To achieve this download and run Revo uninstaller https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html to get thoroughly get rid of the Redgate tools. You will need to turn on “Show system components" from the Revo Uninstaller options. It is off by default

Please, then reinstall SQL Prompt, cleanout the previous directory where you unpacked "FormatCommandLine.zip" and grab it from the updated version and unpack again and try running the commands again. 

I had success with using the AdventureWorks as an example, using:

SqlPrompt.Format.CommandLine.exe --i-agree-to-the-eula -p "C:\Users\Dan.Calver\Documents\AdventureWorks2014" -s Default

Kind regards

Dan Calver | Redgate Software
    Have you visited our 
    Help Center?