Why aren't Snippets saved in my Snippet folder available immediately? Is there a setting to correct?

Multiple members of my team see this issue. If a Snippet (created by someone else) is emailed out, and we save in our Snippets folder, it doesn't immediately show up for use when Searching for it in SSMS. It appears there is a delay in the availability of the snippet for use. Is there a setting some where that corrects this, or a way to force a Refresh to make the new snippet available? This happens in both SQL prompt 10 (older version of Snippets) and later versions (new version of Snippets). Thank you!
Tagged:

Answers

• Hi Livlaphluv

Are the snippets not showing up when they try to write them or in the snippet manager? 
    A relaunch of SSMS after copying them should ensure that they appear. 
  • LivlaphluvLivlaphluv Posts: 4 New member
    edited August 23, 2021 12:26PM
    They aren't showing up when trying to use them within SSMS, when you type the shortcut.  Sometime they show up after I relaunch SSMS and sometimes they don't.  I was hoping there was an easier way to refresh so that it would pull them since they do show in the Snippets folder. I'm thinking this may have something to do with sharing across different version of SQL Prompt (old vs. new version of snippets). 
  • Hi Livlaphluv 

Is one of the older version you are copying to pre 10.4.7? After this version the format changed so it would take a bit longer to convert it into the new format. 
  • LivlaphluvLivlaphluv Posts: 4 New member
    Yes, some are on that version, we share snippets between a group of people when warranted.  I saved one Friday from a new version (I have the older version), and it still doesn't show up for me to use this morning.
  • Hi Livlaphluv 

Are you still getting this issue on 10.9.2? If you temporarily set the location to the default or locally do they show up straight away or does the same issue occur?