Options

Activate license on server

I have just bought the SQL Toolbelt in order to be able to execute SQL Data Compare via Command Line (CmdExec in SQL Agent Job).

But I have a problem activating the license on the server!

I have not executed any install programs on my server. Instead I have copied all files from my developer pc:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Change Automation PowerShell\SDC
Onto my server:
E:\Apps\DataCompareApp\SDC

From my server (logged on with the same Windows Logon as on my Developer PC), I tried to activate the license:
sqldatacompare /activateSerial:xxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxxx
(of course with my actual serial number, copied from my account page on Red-Gate).

But I received the following message:

ERROR: Activating the serial number "xxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxxx" failed because: The serial (xxx-xxx-xxxxxx-xxxx) is not valid for this product. Login to www.red-gate.com to view your licenses

DLM Automation: in trial, expires 2021/08/11 13:13:03 +02:00

Automation License: in trial, expires 2021/08/11 13:13:03 +02:00

Exiting since no other command line options were passed.

Terminating application with exit code 0 to indicate success

So: How do I proceed from here? I'm asking this forum as the supporter I previously was in contact with, has not been answering the last 24 hours - and vacation is coming up and the trial expires in the middle of my vacation - so would really like this solved :-D

Best Answer

• Options
    ofredeofrede Posts: 11 Bronze 1
    Okay, problem solved! There was something wrong with my license at Red-gate. So they gave me an extra license for the DLM Automation Script product. Problem solved ...