How do you use cloud databases? Take the survey.
Options

Method for clearing email notification message other than restarting application

AndrewCowanAndrewCowan Posts: 4 New member
edited July 14, 2021 1:58AM in Redgate Monitor
We recently received a message within the SQL Monitor portal stating that email notifications were not configured correctly. This message was displayed due to an additional alert being configured for our non-production servers. The issue I had with this is that it disabled all emails from being sent, not just the incorrectly configured alert. The other problem was that there was no way to clear the message other than restarting the application.
Please advise if anyone else has experienced this issue.
If so, it would be great if the application didn't prevent 'All machines' alerts from sending emails as well as providing a way to clear the message once the issue has been resolved.
Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    edited July 16, 2021 11:47PM
    Hi and thanks for your post!

The banner about the email notifications not being configured correctly should only be referring to the alert with the incorrect email address. I realize this can be misleading, however, and make it seem like all emails are failing! I'll pass on some feedback that this message should be clearer.

That said, I do just want to make sure - were you seeing any issues with the other alerts' email notifications? 

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?

• Options
    AndrewCowanAndrewCowan Posts: 4 New member
    Hi Jessica,

Once this email alert message appeared, all notifications configured to send emails were failing as well.

Regards,

Andrew 
  • Options
    Jessica RJessica R Posts: 1,319 Rose Gold 4
    Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the update!

I believe we have a ticket open with you, #254346. As mentioned on there, we have an issue logged for this with reference SRP-13743 and we'll let you know once this is resolved.

Jessica Ramos | Product Support Engineer | Redgate Software

Have you visited our Help Center?