What are the challenges you face when working across database platforms? Take the survey
Options

SQL Prompt sooooo slow

EvaEEvaE Posts: 5 New member
Hi

After the last update, SQL Prompt is working very slowly. I must wait until refreshes suggestions, wait until the field list is loaded and showed, wait, wait, wait... 

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 13.0.16106.4
SQL Prompt 10.6.16.21150

thanks in advance
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    Hi Eva,

Thank you for your post.

Is SQL Prompt still slow if it is the only tool installed? 

Could you try to disable the auto-refresh experimental feature (SQL Prompt > Options > Labs > Experimental features).

• Options
    Hi Ben

Thank for your answer :)

The experimental features were disabled

• Options
    Hi Eva,

Do you mean that it was already disabled and so not the cause of the slowness or that you have now disabled it and SQL Prompt is no longer slow? 

• Options
    Hi Ben,

Sorry. It was already disabled
  • Options
    In that case could you try disabling the built-in intellisense under Options > Text Editor > Transact-SQL > Intellisense

When you right-click in Object Explore is it slow?  
  • Options
    Ben_P said:
    In that case could you try disabling the built-in intellisense under Options > Text Editor > Transact-SQL > Intellisense

When you right-click in Object Explore is it slow?  

1. Done
    2. No, it's not

• Options
    Ben_PBen_P Posts: 226 Silver 2
    After Disabling intellisense has there been any improvement?

If it is still slow though it may be due to the version of SSMS you are running. If possible please update to the latest version of SSMS. SQL Prompt does not work that well with SSMS 16 so ideally the latest version would be best. Alternatively though it will also work with SSMS 17. 

• Options
    I am using SSMS 16. I'll update it

thanks, Ben :)